Friday, October 7, 2011

I've got mail!

I just love getting packages in the mail!!

Today I recieved my second order of thread organizers.  I ordered some of these about a month ago and fell in love with them, so I ordered some more!  Here's what they look like:


They're so cute and handy!   They have pre-printed letters for each thread hole, so you can coordinate them with your pattern.  (close up pic below)


Or you can flip them over and they have a space where regular width masking tape can be placed and you can write your thread symbols in, to match your pattern.  When you're done, you just pull the tape off and stick a new section on!  (see pic below)


I also love that they have a small blade at the top (notice the top little notch on the bar in the pictures).  You can slide your thread in there to cut it!  This makes traveling so much easier- no need for scissors!!

You can puchase these from Greta at http://www.dovestitch.com/  along with many other wonderful items!!


I also received a package of notecards I won on eBay for $0.49!!  They have the letter Y on the front of them.  They're a pretty green color:


You're thinking, "Why would she want notecards with a Y on them?  Her name starts with an L!?"   I wanted to make some small hand-made packages of cross stitch cards as Christmas gifts this year and these were so inexpensive I couldn't pass them up!!  Here's a sample of what a cross stitch card might look like:


Now I just need to get stitching the mini patterns to make the cards!!


I'd also like to announce that I officially have...... wait for it.....
FIVE followers!!  (yes, I'm still counting my husband!)

I think I'm going to put together a giveaway/contest to celebrate getting to 20 followers!!  I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to gather items up!  :)


It will be a nice 3-day weekend for me, so I'm excited for the it to begin!


-lesli

3 comments:

Bekca said...

Hi Lesli, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Welcome to blogland! I think you'll find it a great place to share you work and get inspired too. I've just become a follower :)
Those thread holders look brilliant, very handy.
Best wishes to you.

lesli said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, Bekca!! Keep up your great work, I look forward to reading about it! :)

Jan Gartlan said...

I love your projects. What a great idea those thread holders are! Thanks for sharing that.