Friday, March 16, 2012

What is a Liebster?



I was awarded the Liebster Blog award by Katie @ Jeremiah's Mom!  I'm still blushing!   What a great honor, Katie...THANK YOU!!  (Not sure if there is a rule that you can't pick the person who picked you...but I LOVE your blog!)

Here are all the details about the Liebster Blog award:

Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition.  The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:

1.  Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3.  Post the award on your blog.  List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites.  Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4.  Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

I'd like to preface my choices with this tidbit...THIS WAS SO DIFFICULT TO CHOOSE!!   I have so many blogs I ADORE.  I stuck to the fewer than 200 followers rule, and this knocked a bunch of my faves out of the running.  That doesn't mean I don't love them too!!

I am giving the Liebster Blog award to these great bloggers:

1. Beauty Bonnet at Beauty Bonnetstitch - She has such lovelyl stitching and the most adorable niece and nephew!

2. Diane at On My Needles - Because she stitches HAED and Chatelaines..who doesn't love looking at the progress on those pieces!

3. Bekca at The Stitching Lion - She got me hooked on Little House Needlworks!

4. Beth at Beth's Blog - This is a new blog I started following..Beth is such a dear with the nicest posts!

5. Mangogirl at Naughts & Cross Stitches - She does beautiful stitch work, and I always smile when I visit her blog and see that cute little blue striped dress the girl is wearing on her splashpage.

Now the part I dread. 5 random facts about me (I'm so boring!)

1. I met my hubby online....this August will be our 15th wedding anniversary!

2. I am third generation Japanese  :)

3. I was born and raised in UTAH.  I live in Florida now, but oh how I miss the mountains and the snow!

4. I have a purse addiction ...... though, picking stitching and crafting back up has curbed this addiction a little.

5. I love owls!!  I'm not much of a nick-nack collector, but everytime I see something with an owl, I just drool.


-lesli

5 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Congratz, that's great :)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Congratulations on your award :) Hope you have a great weekend.

Katie said...

Glad you enjoy the reward. Love your random facts.

Ewa said...

Congrats! Those facts about you are actually really adorable :)

Beauty Bonnet said...

Oh my! Thank you, Lesli! I'm honored by your choosing me! I want to laugh at the same time, because I've been so random in my stitching lately! Thank you for the encouragement :) If I'm lucky enough to ever hit 50 I'll have a giveaway :))

Thank you also for sharing your random facts about yourself.. and btw, do you know that Tonia of Oakhaven has lots of lovely OWLS to stitch?

Stay well!

with lots of good wishes,
Tracy "Beauty Bonnet"